The Volunteer Grants program is part of the Australian Government’s commitment to assist volunteers and encourage volunteering. Volunteer Grants support the work of local community organisations by enabling the inclusion of vulnerable people and providing supports to increase participation in volunteering.
Grants of between $1,000 and $5,000 will be available to eligible not-for-profit community organisations to support the efforts of their volunteers.
Grant funding can only be used for eligible activities or items such as:
- small equipment that will assist the volunteers in their role
- transport costs of volunteers with disability
- fuel costs incurred by volunteers
- training for volunteers
- background screening checks of volunteers
- promotion of volunteering opportunities
- adapting practices to support volunteer safety
Grant applicants should ensure the funding is used to pay for items that are cost-effective and reasonably priced. The grant funding must be spent on activities or items that directly benefit the work of the volunteers, not for the benefit of the organisation.
Please email your completed EOI to [email protected] or mail it to 26/500-540 Torquay Road Armstrong Creek VIC 3217 by no later than 5pm, Friday 15 September 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact my office on 03 5261 7683.